The scanning feature of the Goodreads web app is a dangerous thing. Before the advent of such magic, a trip to the bookstore meant a few purchases and maybe, if you were lucky, you’d remember some other books you saw that you wanted for the next trip.
But, honestly, probably not.
And it meant that those lovely books you couldn’t afford at the time would go unpurchased and unread.
But now! Now.
I can spend an hour in the bookstore, come out with two new reads, and add ten or fifteen books to my wish list with a few taps on the smartphone. It’s like the virtual version of unread books stacked up next to the bed. So what’s currently on said wish list? Here are the top ten books I can’t wait to read!
10. The Art Forger, by B.A. Shapiro
9. Baudelaire’s Revenge, by Bob van Laerhoven
8. What Angels Fear, by C.S. Harris
7. The River of No Return, by Bee Ridgway
6. The Yard, by Alex Grecian
5. The Ocean at the End of the Lane, by Neil Gaiman
4. A Study in Sherlock, curated by Laurie R. King
3. The Secret History: A Novel of Empress Theodora, by Stephanie Thornton
2. The Bellini Card, by Jason Goodwin
1. American Gods, by Neil Gaiman
What are you dying to read right now?